Content & Marketing Consultant (Private clients)
I consult on strategic planning and development of content marketing, social media and brand strategy for agencies and entrepreneurs. If you want to know more about working with me, start here.
Content Strategy Lead
Dec 2017 – Present | San Francisco, CA
Our mission at Fundbox is to democratize access to credit. Because of us, small businesses across the U.S. have more control over their finances and are better able to succeed and grow. As an editor, writer, and strategist, I create content that educates small business owners, and inspires our customers. As part of the marketing team, I facilitate partner relationships and position the brand.
Awards: Best Financial Blogs for Small Businesses 2018 (FitSmallBusiness)
Best Overall Business Lending Company 2018 (FinTech Breakthrough)
- What Banks Can Learn From The Happiest Place On Earth (Forbes, byline)
- Using Data To Supercharge Small-Business Lending Decisions (Forbes, byline)
- Fundbox Wants to be PayPal for Small Business (Wired)
- Fintech lender Fundbox shows how open banking can be done (American Banker)
- Fundbox Launches Fuse, A Funding Express Lane Designed to Increase SaaS ‘Stickiness’ (deBanked)
- Fundbox’s Big Opportunity In Changing The Way Small Businesses Get Paid (Forbes)
Director of Marketing
Nov 2014 – April 2017 | San Francisco, CA
LifeDojo is a human-centered health coaching and technology platform that helps companies support the wellbeing of their employees and makes transformative life changes possible.
As the first full time employee at LifeDojo, I helped define and create the brand, spearheaded content, design, product marketing, PR, and operations for the company. Through strategic initiatives and content, I helped companies around the world support the health and resilience of their employees. Clients included Fortune 500 companies and high-tech high-growth companies around the world.
Award: Top HR Technology Brand: Hot HR Startup (InfluenceHR)
- LifeDojo gets $5.1 million for health behavior change platform (MobiHealthNews)
- Is Your Wellness Program a Slave to Fads or Backed by Science? (Entrepreneur, byline)
- LifeDojo featured in Top 30 Disruptive Healthcare Companies to Watch (Becker’s)
- Meaningful change: 5 Questions with LifeDojo CEO (Brandchannel)
- What’s so wrong with dressing up your desk? (BBC)
Outreach & Communications
Nov 2014 – 2018 | Oakland, CA
Interactive Art Curator
2008 – 2014 | New York, NY
FIGMENT is a forum for the creation and display of participatory and interactive art by emerging artists across disciplines. In its first 11 years, FIGMENT hosted 61 free interactive arts events in 18 cities, in 5 countries, on 4 continents.
As the Outreach Communications Director, I helped found the Bay Area chapter of FIGMENT with a core team of volunteers. I’m dedicated to serving as an advocate for art, community building, and authentic expression. For information about the event, or to submit a project proposal, visit the website.
- FIGMENT is all of us – A video discussing the mission of the event and featuring footage from 2012 events in Boston, NYC, and Washington DC.
- FIGMENT event galleries – Photo albums from FIGMENT over the years and around the world. (Flickr)
- WorldStage labs brings an outdoor video wall + digital work by 22 artists to FIGMENT Oakland (LiveDesignOnline, 2015)
- Gothamist coverage of FIGMENT NYC (Gothamist)
- Artist-Designed Mini-Golf Draws Crowds to Governors Island (artnet, 2014)
- FIGMENT Oakland artist feature content series (FIGMENT Oakland, 2017)
Director of Communications
2013 – 2014 | New York, NY
2009 – 2013 | New York, NY
Real estate developer, owner, and manager TF Cornerstone holds a portfolio of buildings totaling over 9 million square feet throughout New York City and Washington, D.C. At TFC, I led public relations, marketing, advertising, social media, content strategy, and year-round events.
- Upside Downtown (NY Post, 2011)
- Long Island City waterfront reaches neighborhood nirvana (NY Daily News, 2012)
- Nearing the Final Piece of Property Divorce (Wall Street Journal, 2013)
- Saving a Spot for Pepsi-Cola as a Tower Goes Up (New York Times, 2013)
- Developer reaches $1.4B milestone (Crain’s, 2014)
Kostume Kult Arts Collective
Event Producer, Experience Designer
2005 – 2014 | New York, NY
Kostume Kult Arts Collective (and sister charity organization, Costume Cultural Society) is an experimental arts, fashion and media collective focused on the transformative magic of costuming and interactive experiences. As an event producer, I produced and managed unique experiences, arts and culture festivals, parades, street theater, installations, fundraisers, costume and theme events.
- About Kostume Kult
- Priming for Burning Man, Flames in Hand (NY Times, 8/13/2008)
- This City Can Leave You So Drained (NY Times, 10/26/2006)
- Candy Couture installations for Dylan’s Candy Bar (press release, 2005)
Sacks Communications / Women Builders Council
Associate Creative Director
2008 – 2009 | Brooklyn, NY
Sacks Communications, Inc. is a public relations and integrated marketing group that has served firms and professionals in the real estate, design, and construction industries for over 20 years. Built brands from scratch. Ran a 5-person art department, creating visual designs, layouts, and UX/UI. Managed print production and client relations.
Barnard College, Columbia University | New York, NY
B.A. Art History, Cum Laude. 2005.
Parsons School of Design, The New School | New York, NY
Graphic Design, Digital Design. Certificate. 2007.
Idean Design Academy | Palo Alto, CA
Design Leadership intensive, 2017.
Inbound Marketing Certified (2017)
Content Marketing Certified (2017)
Writing, editing, research | Content marketing | Product marketing | Experience and installation design | Visual design, UX/UI | Wireframing | Print design and production | Product development | Event planning and development | Project management | Salesforce | Hubspot | Design and collaboration tools, including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, GSuite, Asana, Trello, Slack.