2016 – Present
I provide content marketing, user research, PR, event, and brand strategy consulting for agencies, entrepreneurs and early-stage teams. My favorite topics are health, wellbeing, design, the workplace, and the arts. Want help with your article, your brand, your marketing strategy, or your world-changing new product? Let’s talk.
Director of Marketing
Nov 2014 – April 2017 | San Francisco, CA
LifeDojo is a human-centered platform that makes transformative life changes possible. As the first fulltime employee at LifeDojo, I helped define and create the brand, and helped companies around the world support the health and wellbeing of their employees.
Supported by decades of public health research, LifeDojo’s approach to employee-driven behavior change has delivered lasting health improvement outcomes, high enrollment, and better engagement than traditional top-down wellness programs. Empowering employees leads to success: 45% of employees create new health habits that stick for 6+ months. Clients include Fortune 500 companies and high-tech high-growth companies around the world.
- LifeDojo gets $5.1 million for health behavior change platform (MobiHealthNews)
- Is Your Wellness Program a Slave to Fads or Backed by Science? (Entrepreneur)
- LifeDojo featured in Top 30 Disruptive Healthcare Companies to Watch (Becker’s)
- Meaningful change: 5 Questions with LifeDojo CEO (Brandchannel)
- What’s so wrong with dressing up your desk? (BBC)
Outreach & Communications
Nov 2014 – Present | Oakland, CA
Interactive Art Curator
2008 – 2014 | New York, NY
FIGMENT is a forum for the creation and display of participatory and interactive art by emerging artists across disciplines. FIGMENT began in July 2007 as a free, one-day participatory arts event on Governors Island in New York Harbor. In 2013, the weekend-long FIGMENT NYC event welcomed nearly 25,000 participants and over 300 art projects. 2014 marked the first FIGMENT Oakland event. For information about the event, or to submit a project proposal, visit the website.
- FIGMENT is all of us – A video discussing the mission of the event and featuring footage from 2012 events in Boston, NYC, and Washington DC.
- FIGMENT event galleries – Photo albums from FIGMENT over the years and around the world. (flickr)
- WorldStage labs brings an outdoor video wall + digital work by 22 artists to FIGMENT Oakland, 2015 (LiveDesignOnline)
- Gothamist coverage of FIGMENT NYC (Gothamist.com)
Director of Communications
2009 – 2014 | New York, NY
Owner, developer and manager TF Cornerstone holds a portfolio of residential buildings, office spaces and retail locations totaling over 9 million square feet throughout New York City and Washington, D.C. At TFC, I led public relations, marketing, advertising, social, content strategy, and year-round events.
- Upside Downtown (NY Post, 2011)
- Long Island City waterfront reaches neighborhood nirvana (NY Daily News, 2012)
- Nearing the Final Piece of Property Divorce (Wall Street Journal, 2013)
- Saving a Spot for Pepsi-Cola as a Tower Goes Up (New York Times, 2013)
- Developer reaches $1.4B milestone (Crain’s, 2014)
Kostume Kult Arts Collective
Creative Participatory Event Producer
2005 – 2014 | New York, NY
Kostume Kult Arts Collective (with sister nonprofit organization, Costume Cultural Society) is an experimental arts, fashion and media collective known for one-of-a-kind events and installations. Work included designing and producing unusual art installations, arts/culture festivals, parades, street theater and theme events ranging from 10 – 10,000 attendees.
- About Kostume Kult
- Priming for Burning Man, Flames in Hand (NY Times, 8/13/2008)
- This City Can Leave You So Drained (NY Times, 10/26/2006)
- Candy Couture installations for Dylan’s Candy Bar (press release, 2005)
Sacks Communications / Women Builders Council
Associate Creative Director
2008 – 2009 | Brooklyn, NY
Sacks Communications, Inc. is a public relations and integrated marketing group. The Women Builders Council is New York’s leading organization representing women business owners and professionals in the building industries, and is represented by Sacks. In this role, I led a 5-person art department, defined and managed projects, directed and executed visual design, layout, UX/UI and production for print, outdoor, digital, advertising, and events. I also oversaw production, quality control, budgets, vendor and client relationships alongside the CEO.
Idean Design Academy | Palo Alto, CA
Design Leadership intensive, 2017.
Parsons School of Design, The New School | New York, NY
Graphic Design, Digital Design. Certificate. 2007.
Barnard College, Columbia University | New York, NY
B.A. Art History, Cum Laude. 2005.
Selected Lynda & Udemy training (2016-17)
- Agile Project Management
- Gamification & Behavioral Design
- UX Design foundations and techniques: Overview, Ideation, Scenarios and Storyboards, Paper Prototyping, Implementation Planning, Multidevice Design
- Persuasive UX: Ethics, history and techniques of persuasive design
- Tools for UX Design: Sketch 3, Photoshop, Illustrator
- UX Strategy Fundamentals
- How to build habit-forming products (Nir Eyal)
Writing, editing, research | Experience and installation design | Visual design, UX/UI | Wireframing | Print design and production | Product development | Event planning and development | Project management | Design and collaboration tools, including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, GSuite, Asana, Trello, Slack.