2016 – Present
I am available for writing opportunities, as well as consulting on branding, marketing, design and events. My favorite topics are health, wellbeing, design, and participatory art. I’d love to help you with your article, your brand, your online marketing strategy, or your world-changing new product.
Director of Marketing
Nov 2014 – Present | San Francisco, CA
LifeDojo is a human-centered platform that makes transformative life changes possible for your employees. Supported by decades of public health research, our approach to employee-driven behavior change delivers lasting health improvement outcomes, high enrollment, and better engagement than traditional top-down wellness programs. LifeDojo is trusted by the world’s most successful companies in over 16 countries to inspire a genuine culture of wellbeing.
- LifeDojo gets $5.1 million for health behavior change platform (MobiHealthNews)
- Is Your Wellness Program a Slave to Fads or Backed by Science? (Entrepreneur)
- LifeDojo in Top 30 Disruptive Healthcare Companies to Watch (Becker’s)
Outreach & Communications
Nov 2014 – Present | Oakland, CA
Interactive Art Curator
2008 – 2014 | New York, NY
FIGMENT is a forum for the creation and display of participatory and interactive art by emerging artists across disciplines. FIGMENT began in July 2007 as a free, one-day participatory arts event on Governors Island in New York Harbor. In 2013, the weekend-long FIGMENT NYC event welcomed nearly 25,000 participants and over 300 art projects. 2014 marked the first FIGMENT Oakland event. For information about the event, or to submit a project proposal, visit the website.
- FIGMENT is all of us – A video discussing the mission of the event and featuring footage from 2012 events in Boston, NYC, and Washington DC.
- FIGMENT event galleries – Photo albums from FIGMENT over the years and around the world. (flickr)
- WorldStage labs brings an outdoor video wall + digital work by 22 artists to FIGMENT Oakland, 2015 (LiveDesignOnline)
- Gothamist coverage of FIGMENT NYC (Gothamist.com)
Director of Communications
2009 – 2014 | New York, NY
Owner, developer and manager TF Cornerstone holds a portfolio of residential buildings, office spaces and retail locations totaling over 9 million square feet throughout New York City and Washington, D.C. At TFC, I developed and implemented branding and marketing initiatives, events and resident programming; planned and bought advertising for company portfolio of 14 residential rental buildings; directed and executed corporate social media, content strategy, influencer relationships, public relations strategy and advertising for rental portfolio; executed graphic design for print and web for events, promotions and advertising for luxury properties.
Kostume Kult Arts Collective
Creative Participatory Event Producer
2005 – 2014 | New York, NY
Kostume Kult Arts Collective (and sister organization, Costume Cultural Society) is an experimental arts, fashion and media collective, active in arts/culture festivals, parades, street theater and unique underground events. Work included a variety of roles in designing and producing unusual art installations, arts/culture festivals, parades, street theater and theme events ranging from 10 – 3,000 attendees.
- About Kostume Kult
- Priming for Burning Man, Flames in Hand (NY Times, 8/13/2008)
- This City Can Leave You So Drained (NY Times, 10/26/2006)
- Candy Couture installations for Dylan’s Candy Bar (press release, 2005)
Sacks Communications / Women Builders Council
Associate Creative Director
2008 – 2009 | Brooklyn, NY
Sacks Communications, Inc. is a public relations and integrated marketing group that has served firms and professionals in the real estate, design and construction industries for over 20 years. The Women Builders Council is New York’s leading organization representing women business owners and professionals in the building industries, and is represented by Sacks. In this role, I led the art department, managed designers, defined and executed design projects for print, digital, event, advertising. I oversaw print production, budgets, vendor and client relationships alongside the CEO.
Idean Design Academy | Palo Alto, CA
Design Leadership intensive, 2017.
Parsons School of Design, The New School | New York, NY
Graphic Design, Digital Design. Certificate.
Barnard College, Columbia University | New York, NY
B.A. Art History, Cum Laude.
Selected Lynda training
- UX Design techniques: Overview, Ideation, Scenarios and Storyboards, Paper Prototyping, Implementation Planning
- Foundations of UX: Prototyping, Multidevice Design
- Persuasive UX: Ethics, history and techniques of persuasive design
- Tools for UX Design: Sketch 3, Photoshop, Illustrator
Selected Udemy training
- UX Strategy Fundamentals
- How to build habit-forming products (Nir Eyal)
Writing, editing, research | Visual design, UX/UI | Product development | Event planning and development | Project management | Nonprofit and volunteer management | Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Balsamiq, Asana.